Become a confident student!
See below how Wisdom of Learning can help you.
Time SchedulingGet control of your time and your academic life will get much easier.
Time SchedulingWorking harder is not always the best approach. You can easily get out of balance, and your grades can quickly suffer. School is not a sprint. Prepare yourself for success by learning the essential skills of time management. In this chapter you will learn to:
- Make your life much easier with a simple, balanced schedule.
- Make successful scheduling an "automatic" habit.
- Learn to organize big projects like major papers or exams.
- Learn what to do when you run out of time!
Note TakingLearn how to use your notes to save time and remember more.
Note TakingAchieving high academic goals involves understanding the presented information and also remembering it. Good notes are crucial to both. Great note taking is a skill you can begin learning right here. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Make exam preparation simple or even unnecessary!
- Take simple notes that improve your grades in less time.
- Take notes that help your understanding and memory.
- Make great notes an effortless habit.
ReadingConvert what you read into what you understand and remember.
ReadingYes, most study includes a lot of reading. That means it is one of the biggest demands on your time. In the Reading chapter you learn to be a more efficient and effective reader. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Quickly identify what is important.
- Adjust your reading style for the type of content.
- Quickly go beyond just reading and on to understanding and remembering.
- Build confidence by taking on more and more challenging content.
ConcentrationThere is much you can easily and quickly do to make concentration easier.
ConcentrationIn today's age of technology, it's easy to become distracted with social media, music, and so much more. Fortunately, Wisdom of Learning teaches effective but simple concentration techniques that can make a big difference. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Create an environment to make concentration easier.
- Quiet your mind and body to improve focus.
- Use your studies to improve your concentration.
- Overcome special focus problems to get more done in less time.
MemorizingLearn memorization fundamentals and improve your ability to remember.
MemorizingStudents often become overwhelmed by memorization, which creates fear and discouragement. The answer to your memorization problems could be as easy as learning more about how to go about it. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Use the most effective memorization techniques.
- Train your brain to remember by doing less.
- Use fun to make memorization easier.
- Take on big memorization challenges.
Test TakingMake the most of what you know. Learn effective test-taking skills.
Test TakingSome students are naturally good at taking tests. For those who aren't, Wisdom of Learning can help. Whether it is an entrance exam, a semester final, a professional test or licensing exam - effective test-taking skills and techniques can improve your scores. Learn what it takes to get the competitive edge. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Prepare your mind and body to be confident and alert for your test.
- Use special skills for different types of questions and tests.
- Manage time to your advantage.
- Deal with anxiety during an exam.
CrammingCramming can help in a last-minute situation. Learn how.
CrammingStudents are usually told that cramming should be avoided. Of course, you should always study well in advance so you don't have to cram, but sometimes that's not possible. Wisdom of Learning can help you make the best use of time while cramming for an exam. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Avoid the number one cramming error!
- Use the most effective cramming techniques.
- Use our "cram plan" to instantly organize your time.
- Gather the best materials for a great cramming session.