Overcome Test Anxiety
Don’t let your fears hold you back!
Test anxiety may be limiting your ability for success. Test Anxiety and performance anxiety limits your natural abilities to learn, understand and remember information.
Overcome anxiety that’s holding you back with Wisdom of Learning’s research-based step-by-step program. These proven methods for overcoming test anxiety and refining study skills will help you perform at your best.
Become a Confident Student!
See below how Wisdom of Learning can help you.
UnderstandLearn how to understand your test anxiety and develop a road map for change.
UnderstandWhether you are preparing for college entrance exams, studying for professional qualification exams, or an important course exam, too much anxiety can hurt your performance. An essential step in overcoming this fear includes accepting you have it and learning to understand it. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Understand your "Test Anxiety Cycle."
- Notice how the elements of your Test Anxiety Cycle affect your confidence.
- See how other top students overcame their test anxiety.
- Build your road map for confident test taking.
Balanced ThinkingA powerful three-step process for changing the cycle of test anxiety.
Balanced ThinkingAs you practice a new way of thinking, feeling, and behaving - an amazing thing starts to happen. It all becomes natural. This is true and real change. Learn, practice, and enjoy the wonderful benefits! In this chapter you will learn three easy steps:
- Step 1 Notice: Identify your anxiety and map out your pattern of anxious thinking.
- Step 2 Challenge: Challenge the thought pattern that creates and maintains your anxiety.
- Step 3 Change: Apply "balanced thinking" during real-life challenges and notice the reduction of anxiety.
- Success Stories: See and hear how eight “exceptional students” think and overcome challenges. Observe how you can use these skills for your challenges.
PracticeLearn how to use one of the most effective tools to overcome anxiety.
PracticeJust to be clear, when we say "practice" we don't mean repeating the old way over and over. You may have taken many "anxious" tests already. In this chapter we help you to skillfully practice test taking so that timed tests will no longer be a problem, and the nervousness that you feel before an important exam won't get in your way. In this chapter you will learn to do the following:
- Use the science of "gradual exposure" to lower anxiety and increase test scores.
- Understand how other top students use practice to build testing success.
- Create effective practice-testing sessions.
- Implement a personal "Practice Plan" to build your testing confidence.